My last year in my 20's. BOO HOO!

January 18, 2010

12:35 am
I wake up to Carter crying in the hallway.  He was scared of the dark and said that someone shut his bedroom door.  I helped my scared child back to bed and hopped back into my warm bed again.

4:42 am
Vivian wakes up earlier than 6:15 am for the first time since she was 7 weeks old.  I know, not much sympathy for me here, right?

5:15 am
Blake has a nightmare and I go in to comfort him. What's with the nightmares?

6:34 am
Carter climbs into bed with me and says that he is scared again.  I try to sleep but he is moving all over the place.

6:52 am
I ask Carter if he wants to go and watch a show so I can get some sleep.
Carter's reply: "Yes, but first I have to tell you something."
Me:  "What?  You wet your pants?"
Carter:  "No mom.  Happy Birthday!"
My heart melted.

7:11 am
Blake comes into my room shouting "Happy Birthday, mom!"

8:15 am
I go in to get Vivian who is laughing and having a grand ol' time in her bed.
I pick her up only to find out that she had messed her pants all the way up to her neck.  Awesome!

Happy Birthday to me!

I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything.  That's just part of being a mother.